Thursday, June 14, 2012

Scaredy Cat

I can honestly say that I am a pretty chill person. I am not a hypochondriac, I never want to go to the doctor or call them, even when I get really really sick I just wait it out when most people would call in a second. So going into labor should be interesting to say the least.With that being said....rewind back to yesterday.

I call Roberto after my meeting at work and let him know that I have not felt the baby move since Saturday. His response "is that a joke? why am I finding out now... call the doctor" I immediately start to get freaked out... ahhh no thanks maybe he is just in different position or relaxing or better yet maybe he is sleeping and this is a sign that I will have a really calm baby. None of these suggestions worked and I was forced to call the doctor. Apparently not feeling the baby move for 24hrs is a HUGE red flag and doctors take it very seriously, they told me to go straight to the hospital go to labor and delivery and they would be waiting for me.

Que in pregnancy emotions.... I did the only thing that came naturally to me... I cried.

After calling my mom and Roberto I headed to the hospital where I was hooked up to every machine possible. Obviously they find the heart beat immediately and place a contraction device on my stomach. After 5 minutes of laying there the baby is jumping around like he is going to pop out of my stomach... UGH embarrassment -THIS IS WHY I DONT CALL THE DOCTOR- I said to the doctor that this was not happening at all for the passed 3 days and I swore up and down by it, she was very kind and said that its better safe then sorry and anytime the baby is not moving for more then 24hrs they need to know.

Baby is fine, I am fine. He has changed positions which is what I thought originally he is now kicking me in the cervix region so it feels more like gas then kicking which I know now is actually the baby tap dancing on my lady bits. Look on the bright side- atleast everyone knows the plan now if I go into labor at work, so I like to think of this little hospital visit as a "dry run" and we got to do our hospital tour as well, kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

                                             Thanks Tybee this is exactly how I felt last night too



3 comments:

  1. Oh no, this happened to me too! Thank God everything was okay:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! I have to admit, I am super paranoid about making sure to feel movement - so I'm always a little jealous of women that don't freak out over not feeling it a little bit. But your doctor's right, it's better to be safe than sorry! PS - I get the cervix kicks all the time, I think they're so uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So scary!!! Worst feeling in the world is thinking something is wrong with your baby!! Glad you both are ok :) thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete